Latest update: May 4, 2018
1. Personal Data
- Personal data (also “Personally identifiable information”) includes individual information by which you as a natural person are or can be identified by, e.g. your name, address, telephone number, email address or date of birth.
- Non-personally identifiable data is information that cannot be connected to your real identity, e.g. the number of users visiting our website or other any other kind of aggregated information.
2. Collection of personal data and other information
2.1 When visiting our website journalabroad.com
- You can visit our website without providing information on yourself. Our webservers temporarily log traffic data provided by the device you use to enter our website (including the host name (IP address) of the requesting computer), date, time and duration of your visit, data specifications of your browser and operating system as well as the name of your access provider, and the website you were referred from to our website (so called Referrer URL). This information is stored in a log file until it is automatically deleted.
- The collection and processing of this data is carried out for the purposes of facilitating the use of our website (connection set-up) and to ensure the security and stability of our systems as well as the technical administration of the network infrastructure.
- We do not record any personal data (not your name, address, telephone number or email address) other than voluntarily provided by you, e.g. as part of a survey or when attempting to enter into a contractual relationship.
For security purposes, we may store cookies that will help distinguish between normal and malicious users, such as spam bots and exploit scans, in an effort to block them from accessing the website.
2.1.2 Social Plugins
As Journal Abroad is participating in social networks, there are some social plugins on our websites which we would like to inform you about.
2.1.3 Analysis: Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics which is a web analyzing tool of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google“) for the purposes of the adequate design and continuous optimization of our website. Google Analytics works with cookies and creates pseudonymized usage profiles, which enable an analysis of your use of our website. Information stored in such cookies (such as browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL, Hostname of the accessing computer, time of server request) are usually transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the USA.
Due to the activation of the IP anonymization (IP masking), Google will truncate and therefore anonymize the IP address of your device within the European Union or the European Economic Area.
We contracted Google to analyze your use of this website in order to produce reports on the activities on our website and provide more services connected to the use of our website and the internet in general. The IP address provided by your browser will not be combined with other Google data. The information may be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by adjusting your browser software accordingly. Please note, however, that changing your settings may have negative effects on the usability of our website. You may prevent Google from recording and processing data on your use of our website (including your device’s IP address) and storing such information in a cookie by downloading and installing a browser deactivation add-on from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Latest update: May 4, 2018